1/10/2011


VOICE OF GLOBAL UMMAH
Volume 168, January 29, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Editors: Mohamed and Rashida Ziauddin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful


EDITORIAL:

We would like to highlight selected parts (condensed version) of the last sermon by our beloved Prophet Mohamed (SAW) which was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat' (in Mecca).

  • "O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

  • Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you.

  • Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds.

  • All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.

  • Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone".

  • Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

  • All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

Global Ummah's notorious Osama bin Laden WILL NEVER highlight gems of Islam including one of above statements of 'HURT NO ONE", Islam stands for PEACE, "Mankind is but One Community" and "killing of one human being is like killing of all humanity and saving one human being is like saving all humanity" et.c.

During the past several decades, it is clear that our Global Ummah lacked the needed leadership to guide the Muslims in the 21st century. Unfortunately, many of our Muslim leaders ended up either as ruthless, power hungry secular dictators or spearheaded a spirit of nationalism all at the cost of moving away from mainstream moderate Islam.


In such a vacuum of lack of proper Global Islamic Leadership, it is not surprising that it was easy for the mass murderer Osama bin Laden to quietly move in to awaken the Global Ummah. However his continued and repeated divisive tactics of spreading hate, killing innocents and creating chaos has most definitely hurt Muslims globally.

If you would have to select one single Muslim that not only brought the greatest hardship to the Global Ummah, but also responsible for the deaths of thousands of people worldwide, would you select Osama bin Laden ? There is no question that Osama has ruined the true peaceful spirit of Islam and the global Ummah continues to this day to lack proper leadership as far as the billion plus Muslims are concerned.

IN SUCH A BACKGROUND, ARE YOU NOW SURPRISED THAT THE MUSLIMS HAVE BY THEIR ACTIONS, CLEARLY STATED, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" AND THE MASSES HAVE TAKEN THE CHALLENGE TO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE AND TO START THE FIGHT AGAINST THEIR OWN MUSLIM OPPRESSIVE LEADERS.

IN THIS REGARD WE SALUTE THE TUNISIAN UMMAH FOR LIGHTING A SPARK TO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE PERPETRATED BY THEIR OWN LEADERS. WHAT HAPPENED IN TUNISIA WILL BE REMEMBERED IN THE ISLAMIC HISTORY AS A POSITIVE SPARK THAT LITERALLY CAUGHT FIRE AND SPREAD TO OTHER MUSLIM COUNTRIES ULTIMATELY IN THE LONG RUN BENEFITING THE GLOBAL UMMAH.

In this E-Zine, our focus is on recent developments in Tunisia and we support the Tunisian demonstrations and ultimate overthrow of the ruthless dictator. Special thanks to Boston Globe for below photos.

We pray Allah, that He helps the Ummah of other countries to follow suit and topple other dictators who have suppressed, tortured, silenced and crushed the freedom of Muslim masses for too long. AMEEN.


TUNISIA:
(All photos below from www.boston.com)




A woman walks past a tank as flowers are displayed on it in the center of Tunis, Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2011. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)




Smoke billows from a French and a Tunisian supermarket on January 15, 2011 in La Gazella city near Tunis. (FETHI BELAID/AFP/Getty Images)




Protesters demonstrate against Tunisian President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali in Tunis January 14, 2011. (REUTERS/Zohra Bensemra)





Police disperse demonstrators in Tunis on January 18, 2011. (FRED DUFOUR/AFP/Getty Images)





Tunisian demonstrators, some standing on the windowsills and main door of the Interior ministry in Tunis, on January 14, 2011, rally demanding President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali's resignation. (FETHI BELAID/AFP/Getty Images)





Protesters greet soldiers during a demonstration against former Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali in the center of Tunis, Monday, Jan. 17. 2011. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)




A protester kicks a policeman during clashes with riot police in downtown of the capital Tunis January 14, 2011. (REUTERS/Zohra Bensemra)





Riot police officers detain a protester during clashes in Tunis, Friday, Jan. 14, 2011. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)




Police officer chases a tear gas canister he lost during a protest against the Constitutional Democratic Rally, RCD, party of Ben Ali in the center of Tunis, Tuesday, Jan. 18. 2011. (AP Photo/Salah Habibi)





A riot policeman faces off with a protester during a demonstration in downtown Tunis January 18, 2011. (REUTERS/Zoubeir Souissi)





A rioter throws a tear gas canister, from the riot police, towards the riot police during clashes in downtown of the capital Tunis January 14, 2011. (REUTERS/Zohra Bensemra)





Protesters shout slogans during a demonstration against Tunisia's new government in Tunis on January 18, 2011. (MARTIN BUREAU/AFP/Getty Images)





A Tunisian demonstrator holds a cage and the national flag during a rally on January 14, 2011 outside the Interior ministry in Tunis, demanding President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali's resignation. (FETHI BELAID/AFP/Getty Images)





A man lies injured during a demonstration in Tunis on January 18, 2011. (FRED DUFOUR/AFP/Getty Images)





Rioters carry a woman crying during clashes with the police in downtown of the capital Tunis January 14, 2011. (REUTERS/Zohra Bensemra)





Family of Tunisian soldiers killed by snipers trying to defend deposed President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali's iron-fisted regime, attend a ceremony in Tunisia, Tuesday Jan. 18, 2011 in Tunis. (AP Photo/Hassene Dridi)




A Tunisian woman steps on a picture showing ousted president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali on January 18, 2011 at the Kasbah in Tunis. (FETHI BELAID/AFP/Getty Images)


PART B

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE OF LIFE
(You can't afford to be serious all the time)


Thanks to Dr. Lewis for forwarding below e-mail:

Starting to write a romance novel.


First Chapter

"He grasped me firmly but gently just above my elbow and guided me into a room, his room. Then he quietly shut the door and we were alone. He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low, reassuring voice close to my ear. "Just relax."

Without warning, he reached down and I felt his strong, calloused hands start at my ankles, gently probing, and moving upward along my calves slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so experienced, so sure. When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm, full breasts in his hands, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine and into my panties. Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and expectant.

This is a man, I thought. A man used to taking charge. A man not used to taking `no' for an answer. A man who would tell me what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say ...


"Okay, ma'am, All done." My eyes snapped open and he was standing in front of me, smiling, holding out my purse.

"You can board your flight now."

(Security check at airport)

THE END









No comments: